Mr. Charles H. Sichangwa – Board Chairman
- A lawyer by profession and an experienced banker with over 25 years of experience in corporate banking, lease financing and insurance broking services, Mr. Sichangwa has over the years held several middle and executive management positions. He is a former Managing Director of Meridien Management Services, Meridien Leasing Ltd and Meridien Insurance Brokers Ltd, and he also served as Vice President of Meridien International Bank Limited, based in New York. Mr. Sichangwa is an Advocate of the High Court of Zambia, and is presently the Chief Executive Officer of Wits Limited; a Zambian firm which provides integrated financial and capital markets advisory serv ices. His other Board Memberships include the following: Chairman of Seedco International (Z) Pension Scheme Non – Executive Board Member & Member of the Audit Committee – Seedco International (Z) Limited Non – Executive Board Member – Shorthorn Printers Limited Former Non – Executive Board Member of CDC Capital Former Non – Executive Board Member of Total Zambia Limited Former Non – Executive Board Member of Scaw Limited Former Non – Executive Board Member of Zambia Revenue Authority Former Non – Executive Board Member of Bayport Financial Services Limited
Ms. Cecilia Zimba – Non Executive Director
- Mrs. Cecilia Zimba is a Consultant in Finance & Governance, and is a former Chief Finance Officer of Izwe Loans (Zambia) Ltd. She has over twenty (20) years of broad financial and operations management experience at senior Executive Management and Board Level, and has attained industry-recognized results as a key financial advisor at Senior Executive Management level. She has served as Non-Executive Director/Committee Member of Boards of Directors in both the Public and Private Sector. She is the current elected Vice President for the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and the Chairperson of Institute’s Finance and Administration Committee. Mrs. Zimba is a former Chairperson of the National Payment System Working Group for the Financial Sector Development Plan, under the auspices of the Bank of Zambia, which saw the enactment of the National Payment System Act of 2007.
Mr. Chisha Mwanakatwe – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Chisha Mwanakatwe has thirty-one years of experience gained in the commercial banking sector and at the Central Bank. Until his retirement from the Bank of Zambia, he served as Senior Director – Supervisory Policy, and held other senior positions, including Director Regional Office; Director Banking, Currency and Payment Systems; Director Bank Supervision, and Director Non-Bank Financial Institutions Supervision. He is a former Board Member of the World Bank-funded Enterprise Development Project and was Country Leader for the SADC Payment System Project. He also was a Member of the COMESA Committee of Payment Experts, and is a Past Chairman of the Eastern and Southern Africa Bank Supervision Application (BSA) Stakeholders’ Committee. Mr. Mwanakatwe is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited. He is a member of the Finance and Investment Committee of the National Workers’ Compensation Fund Board of Directors, and also serves as a Member of the Advisory Council of the Swedish company ECS Supermoto.
Mr. Henry Sakala – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Henry Sakala has broad senior and executive experience with over 25 years in private sector development, public sector reform, and restructuring of State-owned enterprises. He is currently the Chief Portfolio Officer at the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). Previously, Mr. Sakala was Director Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Unit charged with the responsibility of coordinating the implementation of PPP projects in Zambia. He had earlier worked for the Zambia Development Agency as Director – PPP & Privatisation where he was part of the technical team that oversaw the divestiture of State-owned enterprises. Over the years, Mr. Sakala has provided advisory services on PPPs and privatisation to the governments of Sierra Leone, Uganda and Ethiopia. Mr. Sakala has also worked for Barclays Bank, Lima Bank and Finance Bank in various portfolios. He is a Certified Public-Private Partnerships Specialist and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Development Finance. Mr. Sakala is currently serving on the Boards of Directors of Pendulum Enterprises Limited; Pendulum Fisheries and Transport Limited, Ndola Trust School, and Jarban S.A. of Belgium.
Mr. Mundia Mundia – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Mundia Mundia is a senior finance executive with over seventeen years of broad experience in leading finance functions in various organizations. He has a strong background in financial and Investment appraisal, corporate governance, risk management, strategic and business planning, and in taxation.He is currently the Chief Financial Officer/Director of Finance at Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited where he had earlier held the position of Financial Controller. Prior to joining Madison General Insurance, Mr. Mundia worked for BP Southern Africa. Mr. Mundia is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) and has previously served as Area Director for Zambia for Toastmasters International and on the Board of Directors of the Insurers Association of Zambia (IAZ) as Chairperson for the Finance sub-committee.
Mr. Musonda Cheta – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Musonda Cheta has multi-disciplinary experience in engineering, banking, investment management, project management and general administration in both the public and private sectors.In the banking sector, Mr. Cheta has in the past worked at Stanbic Bank, Meridian BIAO Bank and at Commerce Bank. At the National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA), he worked as Director Corporate Planning and Development and acted as Director Contributions and Benefits for 6 years. He was Project Manager for the conversion of the Zambia National Provident Fund to the National Pension Scheme Authority. Mr. Cheta has served as an ad-hoc consultant/speaker on pension matters locally and abroad. He has broad directorship experience and currently serves as Chairman the Board of Trustees of the Zanaco Pension Trust Fund and as member of the NAPSA Technical Committee. He has also served as a member of the NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme, and chaired the Contractural Savings Working Group at the Bank of Zambia under the Financial Sector Development Plan (FSDP). He established Goldline Pavers Limited in 2007 and currently serves as the company’s Managing Director.
Mr. Ignatius Mwanza – Executive Director
- Mr. Ignatius Mwanza is a career banker with broad banking experience. He has been involved with the ZICB from its project phase and was appointed as the first CEO of the Bank in January 2018. He was previously Director of Corporate Banking at Zanaco where he had portfolio responsibility for Government, agriculture, corporates, small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and Transactional Banking. Prior to joining Zanaco, Mr. Mwanza worked for Stanbic Bank Zambia as Head Wholesale Banking and later set up the Investment Banking Unit. He previously worked for Standard Chartered Bank Zambia in various roles including Treasurer and Head Sales Corporate Banking. He also worked for Standard Chartered Bank in London initially as Contingency Planning Manager for Africa and later as Senior Manager Corporate Banking. Prior to joining Standard Chartered, Mr. Mwanza worked at the Bank of Zambia. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Henley Business School in England, an Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) of the United Kingdom and a Diploma in Accountancy from the Evelyn Hone College.