Mr. Musonda Cheta – Board Chairman
- Until his election as Board Chairman, Mr. Musonda Cheta was the Chairman of the Loans Review Committee and a member of Audit Committee of the Zambia Industrial Commercial Bank Ltd. Mr. Cheta has multi-disciplinary experience in engineering, banking, investment management, project management and general administration in both the public and private sectors. In the banking sector, he has in the past worked at Stanbic Bank, Meridian BIAO Bank and at Commerce Bank. At the National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA), he worked as Director Corporate Planning and Development and acted as Director Contributions and Benefits for 6 years. He was Project Manager for the conversion of the Zambia National Provident Fund to the National Pension Scheme Authority. Mr. Cheta has served as an ad-hoc consultant/speaker on pension matters locally and abroad. He has broad directorship experience and has served as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Zanaco Pension Trust Fund and as member of the NAPSA Technical Committee. He has also served as a member of the NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme, and chaired the Contractural Savings Working Group at the Bank of Zambia under the Financial Sector Development Plan (FSDP). He established Goldline Pavers Limited in 2007 and currently serves as the company’s Managing Director.
Mr. Chisha Mwanakatwe – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Chisha Mwanakatwe has thirty-one years of experience gained in the commercial banking sector and at the Central Bank. Until his retirement from the Bank of Zambia, he served as Senior Director – Supervisory Policy, and held other senior positions, including Director Regional Office; Director Banking, Currency and Payment Systems; Director Bank Supervision, and Director Non-Bank Financial Institutions Supervision. He is a former Board Member of the World Bank-funded Enterprise Development Project and was Country Leader for the SADC Payment System Project. He also was a Member of the COMESA Committee of Payment Experts, and is a Past Chairman of the Eastern and Southern Africa Bank Supervision Application (BSA) Stakeholders’ Committee. Mr. Mwanakatwe is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited. He is a member of the Finance and Investment Committee of the National Workers’ Compensation Fund Board of Directors, and also serves as a Member of the Advisory Council of the Swedish company ECS Supermoto.
Mr. Henry Sakala – Non Executive Director
- Mr. Henry Sakala has broad senior and executive experience with over 25 years in private sector development, public sector reform, and restructuring of State-owned enterprises. He is currently the Chief Portfolio Officer at the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). Previously, Mr. Sakala was Director Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Unit charged with the responsibility of coordinating the implementation of PPP projects in Zambia. He had earlier worked for the Zambia Development Agency as Director – PPP & Privatisation where he was part of the technical team that oversaw the divestiture of State-owned enterprises. Over the years, Mr. Sakala has provided advisory services on PPPs and privatisation to the governments of Sierra Leone, Uganda and Ethiopia. Mr. Sakala has also worked for Barclays Bank, Lima Bank and Finance Bank in various portfolios. He is a Certified Public-Private Partnerships Specialist and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Development Finance. Mr. Sakala is currently serving on the Boards of Directors of Pendulum Enterprises Limited; Pendulum Fisheries and Transport Limited, Ndola Trust School, and Jarban S.A. of Belgium.
Mr. Isaiah Chindumba – Non-Executive Director
- Mr Chindumba has over 30 years of commercial banking and Information Technology experience both at local and international levels. He worked for Commercial Bank of Rwanda, now lM Bank Rwanda Limited, as Chief Operating Officer in Kigali Rwanda. Before that he worked for Citi Bank Zambia Limited as Resident Vice President, Country Legal and Compliance Officer, and Chief of Staff. He also held the positions of Assistant General Manager and Senior Branch Operations Officer, Manager Operations, and Head of Administration and Treasury Operation. He is a holder of a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Education, and a Postgraduate Diploma in International Law from University of Zambia. Mr. Chindumba holders awards in Marketing Strategic Planning from Edinburgh Business School of the U.K.
Mr. Danny Luswili – Non-Executive Director
- Mr Luswili is a renowned Banker, Corporate Governance, Risk and Finance Professional with over thirty (30) years’ experience at executive level in the corporate world. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance (BAcc), Master of Science in Strategic Business Management (M.Sc.), and is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (FCMA)(UK), a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA) (UK), a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) (UK), a fellow member of the Zambia Institute of Directors (FIoDZ), and a fellow member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (FZICA). Mr Luswili has broad industry experience which includes Banking, Finance, Consultancy and Project management, mining, manufacturing, energy, general administration, and accounting from middle management to very senior levels. He has held various positions including Management Accountant, Cost Accountant, Financial Accountant, Finance & Administration Manager, Company Secretary, Compliance Manager, Risk Manager, Head of Risk Management, and Chief Compliance Officer.
Mrs. Theresa M. Liswaniso Kampata – Non Executive Director
- Mrs. Kampata presently works as Board Secretary/Director Legal at Zambia Development Agency (ZDA) on secondment from the Ministry of Justice, where she is employed as Principal Counsel in the Department of International Law and Agreements. Up until November 2019, Mrs. Kampata was the Company Secretary for First National Bank Zambia. She is a holder of the following qualifications: a BA degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Zambia; a Master’s degree in Law (LLM) Corporate Governance & Financial Regulation from Warwick University in the United Kingdom; a postgraduate diploma from the University of Zimbabwe in Women’s Law Research Methodologies; a postgraduate diploma in Legislative drafting from Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education; National Certificate, Level 5 in Regulatory Risk Management Cornerstone Performance Solutions, and is an Advocate of the High Court for Zambia with 25 years working experience.
Mr. Ignatius Mwanza – Executive Director
- Mr. Ignatius Mwanza is a career banker with broad banking experience. He has been involved with the ZICB from its project phase and was appointed as the first CEO of the Bank in January 2018. He was previously Director of Corporate Banking at Zanaco where he had portfolio responsibility for Government, agriculture, corporates, small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and Transactional Banking. Prior to joining Zanaco, Mr. Mwanza worked for Stanbic Bank Zambia as Head Wholesale Banking and later set up the Investment Banking Unit. He previously worked for Standard Chartered Bank Zambia in various roles including Treasurer and Head Sales Corporate Banking. He also worked for Standard Chartered Bank in London initially as Contingency Planning Manager for Africa and later as Senior Manager Corporate Banking. Prior to joining Standard Chartered, Mr. Mwanza worked at the Bank of Zambia. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Henley Business School in England, an Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) of the United Kingdom and a Diploma in Accountancy from the Evelyn Hone College.