office is at 5 th Floor Longacres Mall-Office Block, Stand No.27395, Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media, Lusaka (“ZICB” or the “Bank”) and our customers.
4. ZICB is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of customers' personal data collected by us, whether in hard copy or electronic form.
3.1 Personal data is defined as information that allows us to identify you as a natural person or, where applicable, as a corporate entity (such as a company or trust). Be advised that ZICB is collecting this data to assess your application and in the event that your application is successful, the Bank will provide you with the products and/or services as described in this form.
3.2 Unless stated otherwise, you will need to provide all the personal data requested by the Bank. If you do not provide us with the required information, we may be required to suspend your access to a product and/or service for a specific period, or in some circumstances be forced to terminate our relationship with you as a customer.
3.3 We may carry out additional processing on your personal data for historical, research and statistical purposes or to comply with our legal obligations. Unless you have given us consent, we will not engage you in any electronic direct marketing (excluding telemarketing).
3.4 Your personal data may also be used for carrying out automated decisions that may impact you. Please be advised that if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the decision, you may contact our customer care department.
3.5 Where necessary, we may share your personal data within the ZICB Group and with other third-party service providers, including credit bureaus that process your personal data in conjunction with us or on our behalf. These third-party providers, whether local or trans-border, are contractually obligated to process your personal data in line with applicable laws and regulations, our privacy and security policies. Our third parties may be located within your country of residence or in another country. When appropriate, we may also share your personal data with regulators or other crime-fighting agencies.
3.6 We will keep your personal data only for as long as we have to in terms of applicable laws and regulations. After this time, your personal data will be securely destroyed or de-identified.
3.7 By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you agree that the personal information you provided is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge and you consent to ZICB processing your personal data for this purpose.
5. You as the Customer accepts and consents that we may disclose or receive and request personal information/ special personal information or documents about you the Customer:-
(a) to and from local and international law enforcement or any competent regulatory or governmental agencies to assist in the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal activities or fraud to and from our service providers (including dealers, agents, or any other company that may be or become our subsidiary, parent
company or partner),
(b) for reasonable commercial purposes connected to your use of our products/ services such as marketing and research related purposes to facilitate our ability to carry out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement to our lawyers or auditors or to the applicable court in connection with any legal or audit proceedings (notwithstanding that any such proceedings may be of a public nature).
6. You as the Customer understand, accept and consent that our service providers who support our products and services can, on our request, provide us with personal
information (whether obtained through a separate relationship with you) about you particularly for fraud prevention.
7. ZICB will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
8. ZICB may process your personal information to protect yours or our legitimate interests. ZICB will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. The general purposes for which ZICB collects and processes your personal information include, but are not limited to:
6.1 Generation of a record of you on our system for identity verification, provision of our products and/or services you have applied for and then communicate with and keep you informed about these products and/or services;
6.2 Assessment of Customer qualification for credit, or an increase or decrease of Customer credit limit;
6.3 Identification and verification of customer’s physical address, source of income and similar information;
6.4 Assessment of Customer’s personal financial circumstances and needs before providing advice to Customer;
6.5 Any issues related to the prevention of financial crime, cyber crime, fraud, including sanctions screening, monitoring of anti-money laundering and any financing of terrorist activities;
6.6 Additional processing for historical, statistical or research purposes where the outcomes will not be published in an identifiable format;
6.7 Provision of income tax-related information to tax authorities;
6.8 Any issues relating to the sale or transfer of any of our businesses, legal entities or assets as part of corporate transactions;
6.9 For the purposes of Background checks and screening for persons who have applied for employment at ZICB;
6.10 Generation of a record in the event that you are an ZICB employee (including contractors), we create an employment record of you on our system to facilitate continuous monitoring during your employment with us;
6.11 Generation of a record in the event that you are a ZICB director, we create a record of you as a director on our system;
6.12 In the event that you are identified or listed as a next of kin by an employee or customer, we create a record of you on our system;
6.13 For purposes of processing your personal information for due diligence, risk assessment, administrative and payment purposes where you are a supplier to ZICB; and
6.14 Prevention of frauds
9. Furthermore, be advised that ZICB will not process your special personal information unless:
7.1 You have consented to ZICB processing it;
7.2 It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation in law;
7.3 It is necessary to comply with an international legal obligation of public interest;
7.4 It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
7.5 You have deliberately made your information public.
11. In the event, that you would like ZICB to provide you with your chosen product and/or service or onboard you as an employee, supplier, director or job applicant you will have to provide ZICB with your personal information. This information can be provided in writing, electronically or telephonically, but it must be accurate and complete. If you do not provide ZICB with the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application. If you are already a(n) customer/employee/supplier/director and ZICB asks you for this information and you do not provide it, ZICB will have to suspend the provision of the product and/or services for a period of time, or as the case may be, even terminate our relationship with you.
12. For the most part, this personal information will be collected directly from you, but there may be other instances when ZICB will collect personal information from other sources. These may include public records, places where you may already have made your personal information public (for example, on social media), credit bureaus, or individuals/directors whom you have appointed as your representative, where you are a corporate entity and sometimes our partners/ third parties who support the provision
of our products and services to you. ZICB will only collect your personal information from other sources where we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, and you are entitled to ask ZICB.
13. As relates to our Customers, ZICB will not market to you using electronic media, if you have opted out of receiving electronic marketing communications (on media such
as SMS, email or automated calling machines). However, if you are receiving marketing via electronic media, you have the right to opt out at any time by following the instructions on the marketing material received. ZICB will continue to market to you using telephonic means until such time you have opted out.
14. If you are not a ZICB customer but you would like to receive marketing information from ZICB through electronic media, please submit your details to ZICB in writing.
15. To the extent that local laws allow or in the event that you are a resident of the European Union or United Kingdom, you have the following rights regarding your
12.1 The right to access your personal information that we have on record, where applicable.
12.2 the right to ask ZICB to correct any of your personal information that is incorrect. These requests must be sent to us in writing using this form.
12.3 The right to ask ZICB to delete or destroy your personal information. Further the right to object to ZICB processing your personal information. Such requests must be sent to ZICB in writing using this form. However, the result of such a request will be that ZICB may have to suspend the provision of products and/or services for a period of time, or even terminate our relationship with you. ZICB’s records are subject to regulatory retention periods, which means that ZICB may not be able to delete or destroy your personal information immediately upon request.
12.4 You may also ask ZICB to port your personal information to another party in terms of applicable European Union and United Kingdom data privacy legislation. These requests must be sent to us in writing using this form.
16. If you have a complaint relating to the protection of your personal information, including the way in which it has been collected or processed by ZICB, please contact us using the local contact details as listed below. If you have not had your complaint dealt with satisfactorily, you may lodge a complaint with your local privacy regulator
in terms of applicable privacy laws.
17. ZICB reserves the right to change this policy at any time. All changes to this policy will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this statement. Your use of our products and services signify your consent to be bound by this policy.
To contact us please call on : +260 211 227 273 or Toll free: 7000. Email: